Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I was on a little break...

Job 19:25  I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.


So, I think it has been like 4 days since I last posted.  I thought that this thing would be best served as a daily journal...but I am finding that taking time away from sharing my thoughts really lets me gather them and make sense of them.  This is a cool thing to realize!!


Since my last post, things have been pretty great in a lot of ways.  I got to see my family and it was AWESOME.  Chelsi and Bobby came in from D.C., Mandy, Toby and Leighton came down from Louisville, and of course the rest of the Lexington crowd was there...including Opie and Will!  I had such a great time hanging out with all the people in my life who really make me realize what it means to be alive.  I really do think that God put us on this Earth to love each other and being with my family reminds me of this in such a strong way.  I know that I talk about going abroad and wanting to "get away" a lot but the truth is that I don't know who or where I would be without my family.  I know I am lucky and I know that there are many people in this world who are truly alone and without people on this Earth to keep them strong.  However, I pray that God will shine His light on them and that we will reach out to love them.


While I was home, my mom gave me a book called "God's Guy" and I am really looking forward to reading it.  It is all about becoming the man that you were meant to be, the man that God meant for you to become.  Thanks, Mom!


Science is also something that gives me some interesting thoughts with regards to my religion.  I have always had a strong science background and I have never really felt like there has been some giant, internal conflict reconciling the two.  At present I am not sure whether this is because my faith is adequately strong to survive occasional inconsistencies with science or that I have never really stopped to really evaluate the whole thing.  At least to me it seems that the two don't have to live at odds with each other.  What I would like, if you all will oblige, is for you all to share you own belief on the relationship between science and Christianity.  What are things you struggle with?  What are things that you have accepted as "truth"?  I would love to hear from as many of you as possible and I hope to share my thoughts on the matter as well.  This is a giant topic for me, so I think it will take a couple of posts to really get through.  I think I will also do a little reading, biblical and otherwise, just to get some thoughts going.  Until then...hope to hear from you all!


By the way, if you are having trouble posting...I think it is because you need to be signed into blogger with a google account to post.  Also, if you would like to participate and submit your thoughts but don't have a google account, just message me on facebook or at chase.warner@centre.edu (if you want your message to remain anonymous, no problem...just let me know).


Hope to hear from y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Just for clarification, when I see science, I equal that to medicine because that's the science I love. Just FYI. I have asked my dad, a practicing physician, the same question you are asking. After lots of thought, I've come to my own opinion. I think that the two are seperate yet uniquely intertwined. Yes, I believe in science and yes, I believe in Christianity. But I also believe in a hybrid of the two. Christianity helps us understand science and inspires us to find out more about ourselves and the universe that God so lovingly created for us. Science helps us to reconnect with God, masking in the glorious things that He has created for us.

    For me, medicine is a means for God to heal others, whether they want to admit to it or not. By being a Christian, I think that I can appreciate the spectacles of medicine and science. By my faith, I think that I can be a good doctor of science.

    Does that even remotely answer your question? Sorry about the rambling... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brother-- just now reading the post. You know I went through the same feelings of wanting to "get away" when in actuality, I now yearn to just be at home with our family (and bobby is included in that now :) ). I think it has something to do with the yearning to find what is missing, and we can get distracted on the surface and think that the something can only be found far away from where we are. In truth, I think it helps to get away. It forces you to be alone, to reflect inward and understand what you want out of life and how best to go about getting that. I know personally, though, I can't wait to finally come home again :) I love you...

    ReplyDelete