Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Excited about some stuff!

Romans 15:13  May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.



Alright!  Some recent developments since my last post:  I decided that blogging about things is one thing but that if I am going to get any real closure or benefit that I need to do some processing with someone from church.  Luckily, one of the guys who used to lead services for children when I was in elementary/middle school is an elder at the church!  He is a phenomenal guy and I am really looking forward to talking to him.  The big day is October 15th and we are meeting over lunch.  I have to say that I am a little nervous, but I am pretty excited.  I have so much that I just want to lay on the table and I really think that this is going to be a big step in the right direction.  


Another thing that I have started relates to my own personal study of the Bible.  I have, at one point or another, made it through most if not all of the Bible...just not during my college years.  I really think that it is critical for anyone, believer or not, to study intently during the years when their minds are most finely tuned for critical thinking.  So, two days ago I started from the beginning and I am making some pretty good time.  I am enjoying reading the books and rediscovering the Word all over again.  There is just so much packed in those pages that it's a somewhat daunting task but it is something that I feel strongly about and is something that I should have started a LONG time ago.  


As far as the personal issues are concerned, I really do feel that God has taken me into His arms and that He is holding me closer than ever.  I feel more connected to His presence and He enters my thoughts with greater frequency now, more so than ever before...this is pretty neat.  I find myself sitting at my desk and letting my mind wander to what it will be like to one day be reunited with loved ones in His kingdom.  More than this, whenever I find myself in a situation where I would have normally trashed talked someone else for some arbitrary reason...I am really feeling His attention focus on me and how I react.  I love the accountability that comes with developing your faith, its liberating.  I never really realized how toxic some of the smallest aspects of my personality had really become.  I find that it's better to try and do away with even the small stuff, the snide remarks and the petty gossip, because even these can lead to some pretty unattractive results.


There have been some pretty fantastic people step up in my life recently.  One of my best friends has really been there for me to talk to and share things with these past few weeks.  She has been one of my good friends for about 2 years but I really think that we have gotten a lot closer in the past 4 months and my friendship with her is something that I really treasure.  She is one of those people who just seem to "get it".  Talking to her brings a wave of tranquility and I don't really know what I'd do without her.  I hope she really understands what it means to me to be able to call her a friend.  Some other people that have really been there for me are those I call family.  From aunts to parents to cousins to siblings...my family has really jumped in to try and make sure that things are OK with me and to reassure me that they are never too far away if I should ever need them.  I talk about my family a lot, but it's appropriate.  My entire life has been shaped and formed by how I have lived with them and I keep failing at trying to truly show how much they mean to me.  They are a continuing reminder that God's blessings are truly magnificent and that He is STILL working miracles.


At the end of the day...I am finding it easier to breathe than when I first started this thing.  I come in after working a little bit on the farm and I just sit with Cairo (an awesome yellow lab) while we watch the sun set behind the trees...and the feelings that work in my heart are truly indescribable.  I sit until it gets dark, until the stars come out...and I sit a little longer.  I lose myself looking at God's miracles and I like it...a lot. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment